Wednesday 23 May 2012

Online Shopping

Online shopping can be a very convenient, easy, and quick way to shop for the things that we need or want. However, we must be careful when shopping online as there are many people and companies out there who are looking to take advantage of vulnerable consumers.

I have purchased many things online and have always had a positive experience. I have shopped for clothing, beauty products, and facial cleansers among other things. Many of the things that I shop for online can't be found in any stores, or else the stores are located in large cities far away from La Ronge. It makes sense to simply purchase products from the online stores as it would be much more costly to travel to these stores. Even if I was to travel to the store, perhaps they would be out of stock of the products which I was looking for. I am a large supporter of online shopping as it makes products accessible anyone with internet access.

When I do my online shopping I use my credit card. At first I was somewhat nervous about giving my credit card information, however, all of the sites that I have used are trustworthy and have never ripped me off. I have used sites such as Ebay, muradcanada.com (facial cleansing products),  kijiji.ca, bathandbodyworks.com (beauty products), and many more.


While I am a supporter of online shopping, I do not think that we should make large, important purchases online. This would include things such as vehicles, rare collectibles, sports memoribilia, and expensive entertainment equipment. It is easy for people to lie about their product online, and say that there is nothing wrong with it, or that it is "authentic."
However, we cannot be sure of this until we actually recieve the product. Vehicles may have mechanical problems, collectibles and memoribilia may be fake, and entertainment equipment might have problems. These are all products that we should "try before we buy." There is no guarantee that the product will arrive to you the way that you expect. For this reason, I only shop for things online that I know cannot have defects, or that come from legitimate online businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment