Tuesday 15 May 2012

WWW The World Wide Web

The World Wide Web impacts my life on a daily basis. I rely on it for many aspects of my life such as my social life, education, employment, and for tasks such as banking.
The World Wide Web allows us to connect to internet pages from around the world and access virtually any type of information we may want. I do not know what I would do without the the World Wide Web as I use it as a vantage point for virtually every aspect of my life. I can find my friends, family, work contacts, my university, addresses, maps, and all sorts of things on the here. It is the most useful tool in my life as it is easy to use, quick, and full of all sorts of information.

I cannot imagine life without the World Wide Web because my life practically revolves around it. I found my job via the internet, I applied for university on the internet, I do my banking on the internet, and I keep in touch with friends and family on the internet. These things are all very important to me and I have the ability to access them due to the World Wide Web. If it did not exist, I don't know where I would be today. My life is so much easier as any information I need can literally be found with the click of a mouse.

If the World Wide Web did not exist, or was not accessible to anyone, my life would be completely different. I would not have nearly as many friends and acquaintances as I do because social media would also be non-existent. However, I do think that I would have closer bonds to friends and family because social media allows us to be less personal in our interaction with others. Sometimes we may not even know WHO we are talking to.
While there are clearly some downfalls to the World Wide Web, I believe that the positive aspects far outweigh the negatives. The internet allows us to search for answers freely without judgment or consequence. There are many sensitive questions that we all pose throughout our lives that we may not want others to know about. By using the Web we can find these answers without having to consult others. The internet is a convenient tool to use as it gives us information at a remarkably fast rate with very little cost. It impacts my life so much that I can no longer imagine living in a world without the World Wide Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment